The largest component of a $49.4 million referendum that passed within the Port Washington-Saukville School District in April 2015, this project created a “like new” high school. Due to the size and complexity of the project, construction was completed in a multi-phased approach over the course of three years.The project was broken into phases, allowing for construction and renovation to continue during school sessions.
Phase 1 of the project included construction of a three-story addition totaling 72,600 square feet. The addition is set into a bluff (located on the west side of the current high school) and also links three levels of the existing high school.
Phase 2 began by razing the original building from 1931, making way for the construction of a new “Public Core” within the high school. The 81,800 square foot addition re-linked the existing auditorium and gymnasium.
Phase 3 completed the project with renovations to many of the existing spaces in the existing building(s).