Denmark High School Gymnasium
The new competition-ready gymnasium and supporting facilities serve the high school and the local community.
Need: Accommodate an increase in student population and create a community recreation space
Solution: Renovate and expand the existing high school’s athletic facilities
Result: A state-of-the-art gymnasium, fitness center, and athletics area lobby
Fact Sheetshare project
Size54,900 sq ft
Construction Cost$13,900,000 (high school project total)
For the Win!
The new facilities include:
- Three full-size courts
- A competition basketball and volleyball court
- Retractable bleachers to accommodate over 1,600 spectators
- A fitness center addition featuring cardio and weight machines, squat racks, free weights, and artificial turf for indoor cross-training
- A wrestling room with two full-size wrestling courts and pads for practice and competition
- A lobby addition connects the parking lot to the football field and offers a practice space for the dance team
- The lobby also offers access to concessions and the officials’ locker room
A Revitalized High School
Bray also partnered with the Denmark School District to revitalize the high school’s STEM classrooms and labs, as well as the auditorium.