We’re building upon the solid foundation established by two generations.
Lawrence E. Bray founded Bray Architects in 1962 and after leadership by two generations of the Bray family, ownership transitioned to Matthew Wolfert (center), Ronet Rodewald, and Stephen Kuhnen, in 2013. From the start, Bray established itself as Wisconsin’s recognized leader in K-12 education. Along the way, we’ve evolved into a diverse group of specialists focusing on a variety of other markets. Today’s owners continue to lead the Bray team into new markets with a strong focus on design and, as always, are the most professional in collaborative relationships with all of our partners. As we continue to grow, Bray remains true to what has been a cornerstone philosophy of our firm since the very beginning – listen closely to the client and create designs that meet their needs.
- Growing markets include Civic/Municipal, Higher Education, Performing Arts, Recreation, Financial/Corporate and K-12.
- Commitment to sustainability with a long list of LEED® certified projects and a growing team of LEED® Accredited Professionals on staff.
- Comprehensive Services
- Bray was the first in the state to fully transition to Building Information Modeling (BIM.) We’ve used 100% BIM technology with Revit since 2003.
- Deep expertise in 21st Century Educational Design
- Referendum planning and support that has resulted in an 85% success rate for those clients who have followed our (and survey, if applicable) recommendations
- Continual hiring of the best and most engaging architectural, interior design and project management talent
- Third expansion of Bray’s Milwaukee office in as many years with the purchase and renovation of a former manufacturing building into the height of workplace design in the thriving Walker’s Point neighborhood
The most gratifying aspect of our work is helping our clients to create and actualize their visions. To do that well and responsibly, it is critical that our designers are not only in tune with our clients’ needs through thoughtful engagement, but also with the latest developments within our field. We expand our own vision at Bray Architects with a bias toward active education, to stretch the limits of our potential. When you engage with Bray you receive guidance based on the very latest trends specifically appropriate for your needs, whether 21st Century Educational Design, Safety, Acoustics, LEED®, Code Compliance, the list goes on. Our own vision isn’t limited to one statement, assuring we’re in the best position to help you achieve yours.