We’re building upon the solid foundation established by two generations.
Bray Architects was founded in 1962 and after leadership by two generations of the Bray family, ownership transitioned to Matthew Wolfert (center), Ronet Rodewald, and Stephen Kuhnen in 2013. From the start, Bray has been, and continues to be, Wisconsin’s recognized leader in K–12 educational design. Over the past 55 years, we have continued to strengthen our K–12 expertise while evolving into a diverse group of specialists focusing on a variety of other project types.
- Developed an innovative K-12 planning and design approach/process that focuses heavily on community, parent, staff, and student engagement.
- Grown from 20 employees to 55 over the past four years, diversifying our team of experts and markets served.
- Committed to designing spaces that enhance the way students learn and teachers teach.
- Remain committed to sustainability by designing every building to meet LEED® Silver standards, assisting clients with LEED® certification, and supporting a growing team of LEED® Accredited Professionals.
- Recognized expertise in the planning and design of public safety buildings including police, fire, and EMS facilities.
- Transitioned to Building Information Modeling (BIM) technology with Revit in 2003, becoming the first firm in the state to do so.
- Celebrated by our peers through American School & University Architectural Portfolio, receiving citations for projects at all four levels: elementary school, middle school, high school, and post-secondary.
The most gratifying aspect of our work is helping our clients to create and actualize their visions. To do that well and responsibly, it is critical that our designers are not only in tune with our clients’ needs through thoughtful engagement, but also with the latest developments within our field. We expand our own vision at Bray Architects with a bias toward active education, to stretch the limits of our potential. When you engage with Bray you receive guidance based on the very latest trends specifically appropriate for your needs, whether 21st Century Educational Design, Safety, Acoustics, LEED®, Code Compliance, the list goes on. Our own vision isn’t limited to one statement, assuring we’re in the best position to help you achieve yours.